Pages

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

She's Fun If...

Hey everyone in the blogosphere! I definitely miss writing but of course work & life is ALWAYS taking over…but I had a day off today to refresh myself & I decided to produce a blog post. Well, I must warn you that this post is not going to be about the usual stuff I write about such as makeup collections, fashion, or 2nd lines…it is about my nipple piercings & my experience!!! (I am imagining my readers saying things like “OMG” right now, lol). I am warning you that some the content in this post will be “literately graphic” (if that’s even a word or phrase, lol) so if you are not a mature minded person, this is not the post for you. So if you would like to know about my experience on this matter, continue to read.


So if you are following me on Instagram (@indi_cnndoll), I have been posting some pics about nipple piercings such as the pic of the bold hottie Amber Rose with the caption “She’s no fun if her nips ain’t done”. So to confirm any doubt, yes, I have my nipples pierced. I’ve been having my piercings for 5 weeks now & I absolutely love my new body piercings.



The Reason
I have wanted my nipples pierced for a VERY LONG TIME (10 years to be exact) & I always thought they were sexy & feminine. When I was with my 1st boyfriend, we talked about the thought & I was talked out of the thought but it was always in the back of my mind that this is something that I really want. In that time (that I didn’t want nips done), I did a lot of research on the piercings such as gauge size, the after care of the piercings, the procedure, what happens if it gets infected…you know the things you NEED to know before you get this done to your body. Not until almost 2 months ago, one of my female followers on IG posted a pic up saying she did it with the “see no evil” emoji & the tongue out emoji. I was like oh snap, I finally have someone to ask about this experience. I reached out to her & she was ever so nice to tell me about her experience which made me excited & nervous. So with curiosity in my heart & mind & a pending paycheck on the way, I texted my female friend & future piercing buddy to ask her have she gotten her nipples pierced yet because she has had multiple piercings. She said no & I asked her about having a “piercing date”, lol. She laughed & she said that she was nervous but excited.  She was not the only one that was feeling that way. When we chose the day to get done, my stomach was in knots…but I was ready.



The Day of…
The day of the “piercing date”, I was a nervous wreck. It was a Saturday. I had to work a closing shift at work & as the day turned into night, my nerves were getting the best of me. I was low key hyperventilating & I had went to the bathroom like 5 times. I was texting my friend & she said she was uber nervous & that her hands are sweating, lol. In my head, I was like “what the hell…I shouldn’t do this…I am scared!!!” but I have been waiting a decade for this moment. I shook the nervousness off & said to myself, “Fuck it, I am doing this…”. I got off from work, came home to take a shower, & slipped on a bandeau topped maxi dress without my strapless bra (I didn’t wear a strapless bra because I figured it would be much easier to pull up after I get pierced than “hooking” my bra back on & risking hitting it). I called my friend, she picked me up, & we was on the way to the piercing shop.

We listened to some bounce music (R&B music with a hip hop dance beat that started in New Orleans) to calm our nerves & we were amping ourselves up so we wouldn’t be so scared. Bre, my awesome female friend asked if I was ready for the pain…I was thinking that it was going to be the most horrifying, bone chilling pain…so to answer the question, HELL NO I AM NOT!!! It was too late to turn back, we was already in front of the piercing shop.

We walked up the stairs into the piercing shop (Imperial Tattoos & Piercings in Chalmette, LA is the shop I went to) & the guy greeted us & asked what we came in for today (he was a cool guy). I told the guy that I wanted my nipples pierced. He asked if I wanted barbells or captive rings & I chose the barbells (because I read that they heal slightly faster & I think they are cuter that the rings). The guy asked to see my ID & I filled out a consent form. After I completed the consent form, I paid the guy (which was $60), & I waited as the guy set everything up. “Now, it’s too late to turn back…I am excited for u & nervous” said Bre. The guy called my name, me & Bre walked to the piercing area. Everything was CLEAN & STERILE (THAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART ABOUT THE HEALTH OF THE PIERCING) & he had gloves on. All the tools he had were brand new! I asked him have he have any complaints from customers about the nipple piercings. He told me that his pierced clients complained about always being stimulated. I laughed & he definitely made the experience comfortable. I pulled down the top of my dress & he jokingly said “oh you did that fast…”. We all laughed as I stood up& he prepped my nipples with a numbing solution & marked the “pierced” spot on my nipples. I sat down, he grabbed my nipple with forceps, & he quickly pushed the needle & I was officially pierced…well, at least my left boob was pierced. He changed his gloves & moved to the right boob & did the same thing. I honestly didn’t scream, grunted, or cried. I just closed my eyes really tight & it was over. He cleaned my boobs from the excess blood (I didn’t bleed that much) & he covered my piercings with a bandage. He gave me an after care sheet & told me to call him if I have any questions & concerns about my new piercings. After I got pierced, Bre said she couldn’t do it…lol. I was like oh man…but I finally got pierced!!!! I was so surprised, excited, & happy!  After a decade, I got my nips done…yay!!!! After that, I went to Wal Mart to buy my aftercare supplies (including a sports bra to sleep in), me & Bre just enjoyed the rest of the night talking & laughing about what I just did.

The Pain
This is probably the most important part of the post…the pain. From a scale from to 1 to 10 (1 being like minor ouch to 10 being oh my fucking gosh, that shit hurts!!!), the pain with the left boob was a 2-3 while the right boob was 4-5. I think the reason why the left boob hurt less is because I wasn’t expecting the pain (if that makes any sense). That night I took some Tylenol for pain because my nipples were throbbing in pain (kinda like a light menstrual cramp). The morning after I took some Tylenol but it was as a precaution if I was going to be in pain.

The Aftercare
The after care is simple…I actually follow the same instructions that I use to take care of my nose piercing. Here’s the instructions that my piercer gave to me before leaving:
·       Wash your hands EVERYTIME when handling your piercing. This method will keep dirt, bacteria, germs, etc. from your piercing & it will keep infections away.
·       4-6 times a day clean crusties from around the opening/piercing with a sterile saline solution aka contact lenses solution soaked q-tip. DO NOT PICK CRUSTIES!!!!!
·       Twice a day clean with clear fragrance free anti bacterial soap (I use Dial Body Wash or Ivory Body Wash, DO NOT USE HAND SOAP) with a q-tip. I do this in the shower & while I am bathing the rest of my body, I let the water just rinse the soap off of the piercings. After completely rinsing myself, I rinse my piercings again & rotate my jewelry gently. THE MORE GENTLE YOU ARE WITH ROTATING YOUR JEWELRY, THE LESS IT WILL HURT.
·       NEVER  use alcohol, peroxide, or ointment.
·       You will have some discharge from your piercings, don’t worry, this is normal.
·       Avoid pools, lakes, & hot tubs for at least one month.
·       Purchase a sports bra to sleep in for about two weeks or so.
·       DO NOT let anyone kiss, lick, or suck on your freshly pierced nipples.


The Final Thought
I actually love my piercings. If you want to get your nipples pierced, I say “Go For It!!!!”. Just follow the instructions of your piercer, & enjoy your new body jewelry.

I hope you enjoy my post…until the next post…hugs, kisses, & lots of love!!!! Xoxoxo


Indi

2 comments:

  1. Ms. Indi Baby; CONGRATULATIONS and TAKE GOOD CARE Of YOURSELF!!! I'm thinking that I should add NIPPLE PIERCING as a future topic for my series, WOMAN KNOW THYSELF: BRALESS THURSDAY, over at CRAZY COOL GROOVY!!!... http://www.Crazy-Cool-Groovy.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey my darling & thank u. I definitely love my new body jewelry. I think you should add nipple piercings in your next post...I know it will be very interesting!

      Delete