Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

RiRi Loves MAC Collection (My Shopping Experience)

*yawns* Hey everyone! Since I can not sleep (it's 4AM CST where I am at) & I have been itching to write a post, I think this is the perfect time to write one. So, with no introduction or no hesitation, here it goes...

As some of you may or may not know, the edgy pop/R&B singer Rihanna partnered up with MAC to release a collection by MAC & boy, oh boy, it have been something to wait for this collection. When I first seen the collection about RiRi Loves Mac collaboration collection, I will admit...I was not impress to say the least. I know how edgy the singer is & in my opinion, it did not reflect nothing about her...so with that being said, I was not going to buy it. After a few months & one night I was last night lipstick shopping, I see Rihanna & MAC releasing the lipstick called "RiRi Woo" on the MAC website. I was like hmmm, I might have to check this out when I wake up. So that day, when I made it to work & I went to buy the "RiRi Woo", the damn lipstick was sold out...it seem to sold out in minutes (but it actually sold out in 3 hours). I was in total disbelief & that's when I knew that this was real ish...Rihanna had fans & makeup lovers alike trying to get their hands on this overly popular lipstick.

After a few weeks, makeup bloggers, makeup lovers, & MAC fans were going ape shit crazy because they claim that "RiRi Woo" & one of the popular red lipsticks "Ruby Woo" was EXACTLY the same...the only difference is that "RiRi Woo" has Rihanna signature carved into the lipstick & that "Riri Woo" was drier (due to the lipstick had a matte finish). After first, I was like "Damn, they [MAC] did it again!". MAC does have a reputation for using older products & selling it again like it's a brand new product. After a few days of  reading unhappy posts/comments about the lipstick, I found out Rihanna had a full collection & re-release of "RiRi Woo". When I seen the pics of the lipsticks "Heaux" (the berry colored lipstick) & "RiRi Boy" (the midtone lavender lipstick), I fell in love. The "Heaux" lipstick was my favorite from looking at the pics alone...it was so damn sexy! I had to get that "Heaux" [lipstick]...no ifs, ands, & asses about it! LOL! I wasn't worrying about "Riri Woo" anymore.

After searching for the date of re-release of the "RiRi Woo" & the rest of the collection, I made it my business to have some money in the bank & have my alarm set to wake me up to buy this lipstick. Monday, June 2nd (the day before the collection launched), I set two alarms to make sure I get up early so I could log on to the website to order my product...I wasn't trying to miss out on my opportunity to get the lipstick that I really fell in love with...& then it happened...MAC pushed RiRi Loves MAC collection back until June 18th. WHAT!?!?!?! I woke up early for freakin' nothing!!!! I was cutting up like MAC could hear my pain...smh.

The days drawing closer to the new launch date of the collection, I talked about the makeup collection with my male friend about what I was going to purchase from the makeup collection. He asked "Damn, bae...is it that serious behind lipstick?" My answer: "Hell yea, it is! Makeup collections are equivalent to you & Jordans.". After he let that thought marinate in his mind, he shrugged & agreed.

Tuesday, June 18th...the day all makeup lovers (including me) been waiting for...RIRI LOVES MAC COLLECTION IS GOING TO BE RELEASED at 12 noon (11 am CST)! I had to go to work late that day so I had some time shop & go back to sleep. I woke up at 10:55 & logged on to MAC website, waiting for the RiRi collection to show up to reveal all the RiRi carved makeup goodies she is ready for us to go crazy for & buy. I had in my mind that I was going to buy only two things from the collection. Personally, the blush duo & the drops didn't peak my interest so I passed on that. So, at 11am...it was on...& then...the website crashed. With the "what the hell" look displayed on my face, I simply closed out the window & logged back on to the MAC website. It seems like it took forever to load the site on my phone. By 11:04am, it was fully loaded & added "Heaux" & "Riri Boy" to my cart. I pressed the checkout button & instead of going straight to check out section, I had to be "processed" aka waiting in line. I definitely was happy that I was jamming to some good music while waiting because I was probably going to go crazy waiting. On the screen, it instructed me do not close out the window, refresh, or go back while your order is processing. I felt like I was in Wal-Mart waiting in the 20 items or less line & the line is still long as hell. My processing screen changed about 4 times & by 11:15am, I was in the check out section. I was half way done. I checked out using my PayPal account & it was very fast. When I finally made it to the "submit final order" section of the website, I was so excited...I felt like I was at the end of the race. By 11:28am, my order was paid & my confirmation email was sent. I was so happy that my order was not back ordered, I knew so many people was buying this collection. My total shopping experience was not as horrible as I thought it was. One of my Instagram friends said it took her 3 hours to process her order...I was like "come on, now...that is crazy!". So with "RiRi Woo" on my mind, I logged back on to MAC website & ordered "RiRi Woo" lipstick. When I ordered the "RiRi Woo" lipstick, from adding the lipstick to my cart to final check out took me only 8 minutes. I still don't understand why it took some people so long...I would have gave up on buying from the collection. So next week, I will be receiving my lipsticks & I can't wait to swatch them. So, with that being said, what did you order from the "RiRi Loves Mac" collection? What was your shopping experience like? Leave comments below...

Good night/Good morning :)

1 comment:

  1. It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.
    HealthCare CPA

    ReplyDelete